Call 01245 354605
At Parkwood, our vision is to raise the aspirations of all pupils regardless of athletic talent, physical and mental abilities or disabilities encouraging them to acquire motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities in order to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle in an increasingly changing society.
We aim to ensure that the provision is challenging and appropriate to allow all reach their full potential. The provision will be inclusive, engaging, innovative, inspiring and raise aspirations. It will provide high-quality sustainable Physical Education and sport within the curriculum and out of school hours. It will give focus to high quality continuous professional development (CPD) for all teachers and other adults involved in the delivery of PE and school sport. The children will be provided with the skills, confidence and relevant experiences to succeed at their chosen level and discipline and inspire them to rise to the challenge of competition and participate competitively.
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The government provides funding for schools to improve the quality of PE and Sports. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE;
- New or additional sport clubs;
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport;
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport;
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games;
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport;
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs.
Copies of this year and previous PE and Sports Premium Statements can be found on the links below: